Why Jane Bravo?

My photo
One dark and boring night in 2005, sitting alone thinking about life and how weird it is, Sarah Dawood/ Drama wrote her first blogpost as Jane Bravo. What started out as a private ranting space, slowly and gradually evolved into the current blog, which talks about many events, things, and feelings. Just like all of Sarah's other social media platforms, also about many events, things, and feelings --- Instagram: thesarahdawood | snapchat: thesarahdawood | twitter: @SarahDawood | facebook: /groups/TheCoddiwomple

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Nutella.

I find it surreal that Michele Ferrero died on 14 February... a day when people around the world bought, ate, gave, received and enjoyed chocolates.

Along with Ferrero Rocher, Kinder, and some other sweet things... Michele Ferrero also gave the world Nutella. My personal favourite. 



The humble beginnings of Nutella was a product called Supercrema... which was revamped in name and composition to give the inhabitants of the world their first jar of Nutella in 1964. Needless to say, this little tweaking to a meager spread was like hitting a chocolate nail on a hazelnut head - Nutella became an instant success and continues to please people till today.

I remember when my dad got me my first jar of Nutella... I was about 12, it was love at first spread.
Some days all one needs is two-tablespoons of Nutella to make things sweeter, nicer, better... that's roughly 200 calories of things that you aren't supposed to consume when you're on diets, namely sugar and fat. 

Dammit. I love you, Nutella. 

Rest in peace, Mr. Ferrero. You made a lot of girls smile!

~JaneBravo




No comments: