Why Jane Bravo?

My photo
One dark and boring night in 2005, sitting alone thinking about life and how weird it is, Sarah Dawood/ Drama wrote her first blogpost as Jane Bravo. What started out as a private ranting space, slowly and gradually evolved into the current blog, which talks about many events, things, and feelings. Just like all of Sarah's other social media platforms, also about many events, things, and feelings --- Instagram: thesarahdawood | snapchat: thesarahdawood | twitter: @SarahDawood | facebook: /groups/TheCoddiwomple

Friday, March 13, 2015

"Accept It"

Tough times don't last, tough people do... When the going gets tough, the tough get going... When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile... Tough people are not born, they are made when no one is there to wipe away their tears... You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it... When everything feels like an uphill struggle just think of the view from the top... Don't be afraid of tough times because it gets you real friends and real friends get you through tough times... Hardships often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary things.
Learn that life is tough, but you are tougher.


On most days I am a strong believer of all of the above.

The list of this bite-size motivation is endless... Feeling down? Google to the rescue! I know, because I try to keep myself uplifted with these little numbers whenever I'm down or feeling helpless or having a bad day or feeling ill. But I'm noticing that it is getting harder and harder to believe all this motivational crap, and I think it might not be completely true... because I'm only human. I'm not Thor, or The Hulk, or Yoda. So, these days, instead of looking for motivation on Google... I'm trying this new thing called "Accept It". 


I remember recently when a car came out of nowhere and hit me on a Monday morning on a quite road in a residential area... I was shaking and petrified, and the first thing that came out of my mouth to the aged driver who had hit me (literally) in more ways than one..."I have five thousand problems and you've just added one more!" 


A little while later, as a dear friend tried to comfort me with an Espresso shot, fine chocolates, and a pep talk about how strong I am and how I've gotten through much bigger ordeals in my life... I continued to weep like an annoying, spoiled, stubborn child and blubbered, "When ten really bad things happen to you, and you cope with them, and deal with difficult things over and over again, by then you've had to get up ten times, and you've tried to stay brave and optimistic throughout... and then an eleventh thing happens and you just don't have any energy left to get up that eleventh time." Not important to mention... but this was all figurative speech. It was not the eleventh time... it was the twentieth... but then, my Math skills are quite questionable.


So anyway, these days I'm trying this new thing called "Accept It". And the real truth is:

Tough times don't last forever; and contrary to common belief, neither do tough people. 
We're only human.
- Jane Bravo

No comments: