Why Jane Bravo?

My photo
One dark and boring night in 2005, sitting alone thinking about life and how weird it is, Sarah Dawood/ Drama wrote her first blogpost as Jane Bravo. What started out as a private ranting space, slowly and gradually evolved into the current blog, which talks about many events, things, and feelings. Just like all of Sarah's other social media platforms, also about many events, things, and feelings --- Instagram: thesarahdawood | snapchat: thesarahdawood | twitter: @SarahDawood | facebook: /groups/TheCoddiwomple

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Abstractions


Logic seems like a foreign country.


My acts are all repercussions of what I am feeling. My sins are all crimes of passion. My thoughts are all clearly bright as I stare in to the sun. They are fluid like water, burning my mind like fire, yet contain an innocence of a baby's toothless smile.


I am flying because I am controlling my own reality.


I am not running. But sometimes, I feel I may be hiding. I prefer not to deal in lies. My pride is never foolish. I see it more as a virtue than as a vice. It is my weapon of choice. Death nor dishonour are not any options.


I get what is meant for me. Life is not based on circumstances, but on my choices. I always justify my love. I know my limits, and the lines I can not cross. I denounce society if it tries to cage me. I like who I am. No, I love who I am. I am not preturbed when people do not understand me.


Where I am today has been a walk through Hell. I am still going through it, but I have learnt to walk through it faster, confident that it will change sooner than later. What I envision as my future today, is not a mere dream of Heaven on Earth- but a belief; it is a reality- like a drop of honey that I can taste in my mouth long after I have swallowed it.


I feel loved sometimes, but I prefer not to love too much. I may attach things to myself, but I will never combine them with me. I trip many times, but I try my hardest not to fall when I do. I can fix myself when I am broken, but I do not like to be shattered. I do not like pain. But I understand how pain can empower one in spirit and in mind. I like to speak of my strength and my courage, not my past. I am highly reliable, and I have learned that it is not wise to rely on others, not even one's closest friends. I accept- I have stopped expecting.


Almost anything I do will be insignificant; but it is important that I do it.


"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But, if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
_ Marilyn Monroe


-JB


No comments: