Why Jane Bravo?

My photo
One dark and boring night in 2005, sitting alone thinking about life and how weird it is, Sarah Dawood/ Drama wrote her first blogpost as Jane Bravo. What started out as a private ranting space, slowly and gradually evolved into the current blog, which talks about many events, things, and feelings. Just like all of Sarah's other social media platforms, also about many events, things, and feelings --- Instagram: thesarahdawood | snapchat: thesarahdawood | twitter: @SarahDawood | facebook: /groups/TheCoddiwomple

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The words of Ayn Rand


*Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness.*

*I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.*

*I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.*
*Pride is the recognition of then fact that you are your own highest value and, like all of man's values, it has to be earned.*

*Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over the act of perceiving it.*

*That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character.*


I read an article online - '30 things to do before you turn 30'. Interestingly enough, 'Read books' such as "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged" was listed in the top five things to do before you turn 30! Why am I not surprised... The writings of Ayn Rand project a way of life and how to justify the life you lead. To feel at peace with your choices. If you haven't read Rand yet, I recommend you do so NOW- doesn't matter if you're over three decades! ;)

-JB




No comments: