Why Jane Bravo?

My photo
One dark and boring night in 2005, sitting alone thinking about life and how weird it is, Sarah Dawood/ Drama wrote her first blogpost as Jane Bravo. What started out as a private ranting space, slowly and gradually evolved into the current blog, which talks about many events, things, and feelings. Just like all of Sarah's other social media platforms, also about many events, things, and feelings --- Instagram: thesarahdawood | snapchat: thesarahdawood | twitter: @SarahDawood | facebook: /groups/TheCoddiwomple

Friday, August 22, 2014

Ergo... I am happy.


People say the funniest things when they are trying to show they are better than you.

“Be who you really are!” someone said to me today. But they forgot to add, “…but be the version of you that is acceptable to me…” they also forgot that they are who they really are… ummm… on selective occasions that suit their needs.

I am who I am. That is the beauty of me. I love who I am. And I have to. Because no one gets me… okay, maybe parts of me… but not all of me, not the details, not the little things that make me happy or angry. What about sad, you ask? I don’t count sad – because parts of me are always sad, life is like that. And anyone who says they are 100% happy 100% of the time – is lying! Yes. Lying to you, to themselves, and to everyone and everything else. Carl Jung said it before I did…
 
Stay happy, but stay real.
Not just when you need to be real, but accept your ugly parts too
– instead of just pointing out the parts of others (that maybe only you) think are ugly.

~ JaneBravo

No comments: